Your information. Your rights. Our responsibilities.
This notice protects the rights of current members of Delta Dental of Virginia. It describes how certain health information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
Our Privacy Practices and Responsibilities
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your health information. Because of this, Delta Dental employees’ access to your health information is limited.
- We also limit access to business partners, dentists and others we believe are necessary to treat, pay, provide health care operations and other uses as described in this notice.
- We have physical, electronic and process safeguards in place to restrict access to your health information, including secured office facilities and controlled computer network systems.
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
- We will not use or share your information in any way other than as described here, unless you provide written permission. If you provide permission, you may change your mind at any time, by letting us know of the change in writing.
- We will advise you if a breach occurs that compromises the privacy or security of your information.
- We reserve the right to change the terms of this notice at any time. The notice can be accessed at DeltaDentalVA.com or can be sent upon request. If we make material changes to this notice, we will mail you a notification.
- We send communications about health-related products or services as long as the products or services are associated with your coverage, or are offered by us.
View the full notice regarding our privacy practices for protected health information, including:
- Our uses and disclosures
- How we can use our share your health information
- Our collection practices
- Your responsibilities
- Your rights
- Your choices